info@northfultonmetals.com
Stainless Steel is defined as a steel alloy with a minimum of 10.5 or 11% chromium content by mass. Stainless steel is 100% recyclable, and on average stainless steel objects are composed of about 60% recycled material. Approximately 40% originates from end-of-life products, while the other 60% comes from manufacturing processes.
Stainless steel does not corrode, rust or stain with water as ordinary steel does, but despite the name it is not fully stain-proof. It is also called corrosion-resistant steel or CRES when the alloy type and grade are not detailed, particularly in the aviation industry. Stainless steel is used where both the properties of steel and resistance to corrosion are required.
Stainless Steel scrap should be cleaned and free of any dirt, debris, or attachments before it is accepted for recycling.
Powered by Top Rated Local®